Business & Corporate Lawyers in New York City / Manhattan
The New York Lawyers Team Business and Corporate practice, representing a wide range of businesses from sole operators to Fortune 100 corporations, helps business owners and management quickly find creative answers to manage their businesses and professional assets, while acting as a key resource for facilitating transactions.
The New York Lawyers Team Business & Corporate Law Group business and corporate attorneys offer customized legal solutions to individual business, ranging from transactional work to complex litigation matters. Our lawyers take a pragmatic approach to solving problems, helping our clients plan ahead by providing practical advice forged from years of experience and cost-saving insights that go beyond their traditional legal training.
Our attorneys provide a full range of legal services from entity formation, organization and structure, preparing operating or shareholder agreements, succession planning, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnership transactions. We also provide services related to employment issues such as preparation of employment agreements, confidentiality agreements, restrictive covenants, preparation of employment and policy manuals.
General Business Counsel in New York City / Manhattan
New York Lawyers Team provides businesses with the ability to have top-notch legal counsel at their disposal on an “as-needed” basis. Our clients contact us to help them to structure new ventures and address any legal concerns along the way. We proactively manage our clients’ legal problems so that they can focus on building their businesses and ensure that our clients are protected from unnecessary risks.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Our Business & Corporate Law Group assists clients in New York City / Manhattan accomplish a wide range of business transactions, including:
- Stock sales and purchases
- Asset sales and purchases
- Joint Ventures
- Licensing & Contracts
Our Business & Corporate Law Group in New York City / Manhattan provides our clients with assistance in negotiating, drafting and reviewing business contracts and licenses, including:
- Employment agreements
- Confidentiality agreements
- Intellectual property licenses
- Vendor agreements
- Sales terms and conditions
- Manufacturing and distribution agreements
Our Business & Corporate Law Group in New York City / Manhattan has experience representing franchisors, and providing valuable assistance that includes:
- The formation, expansion through acquisitions and joint ventures, and divestiture of franchise systems.
- Guidance on marketing and distribution agreements.
- Franchise sales law compliance and monitoring of legislative and judicial developments.
- Dispute resolution (including mediation, arbitration, litigation and bankruptcy).
- Representation in regulatory actions.
- Enforcement of franchisee contract requirements, including maintenance of quality standards, reporting duties and restrictive covenants.
- Protection and licensing of trademarks, service marks and trade secrets.
We also help franchisees to achieve workable approaches in their relationships with franchisors and help clients who are established business owners to develop a marketable concept to make the leap from local owners to nation-wide franchisors. This may involve an “A to Z” review of their business and legal status in order to structure the most beneficial transition for their future.
Our Business & Corporate Law Group in New York City / Manhattan forms hundreds of companies for our clients each year. We consult with our clients and their accountants regarding entity alternatives and coordinate all of the necessary filings. Working alongside our Intellectual Property Group, we work with clients to address trademark issues in connection with company formation and advise our clients as to the proper corporate maintenance and structure of their companies to minimize individual and parent company liability exposure.
Clients who receive our business and corporate services represent almost all industries and range in size from closely-held businesses to Fortune 100 companies:
- Accounting firms
- Advertising agencies
- Architectural firms
- Automobile dealerships
- Banks and financial service companies
- Computer companies
- Construction companies
- Consulting companies
- Dental practices
- Educational institutions
- Engineering firms
- Family-owned businesses
- Franchisees and franchisors
- Health care professionals
- Insurance brokers and agents
- Investment advisory firms
- Investment bankers
- Law firms
- Medical practices
- Medical research and seminar companies
- Mortgage Brokers
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Pest control companies
- Pharmaceutical suppliers and manufacturers
- Professionals and professional organizations
- Real Estate Brokers and Agents
- Real estate developers and management companies
- Religious institutions
- Securities firms
- Scientific research and seminar companies
- Software developers
- Start-up and emerging companies
- Technology companies
- Title Companies
- Venture capitalists